Just over a month ago I wrote a post about what is included in the Schofield & Sims Fraction workbook so I thought I would follow up that post with one about what is included in the Understanding Maths: Decimals & Percentages. (I think the two work really well together)
For those of you who are use to Schofield and Sims workbooks it is the exact same format as the others. But for anyone who has not used a Schofield & Sims workbook before let me quickly explain.
Their workbooks are NOT like those revision booklets you get – filled with stickers and lots of distracting bright colours. They stick to a simple format which we think works really well. Each page starts with a brief explanation of the activity and then there are normally 2 or 3 sets of activities. No overbearing colours or pages jammed fill of multiple concepts. One concept per page.
Scattered throughout the book are 4 progress tests each one just 1 page long. We think these are great revision activities. And at the end of the book there is a 4 page final test.
Also at the back of the book they have included all the answers.
We really like the way they set out their workbooks, they suit both of my kids.
You can follow the pages in the order of the workbook – and they build up the activities in a very logical manner. But we have, on occasion jumped ahead and completed a few pages out of order purely because the activity came up in something else we were doing, and you can do that as the pages do work as stand-alone activities.
So what is covered in this 51 page workbook?
- How decimals are written
- Tenths and hundredths
- Dividing a whole number by 10 and 100
- Decimals on a number line
- Rounding decimals
- Comparing and ordering decimals
- Relating decimals to fractions
- Decimals with a total of 1
- Adding and subtracting decimals
- Word problems
- Tenths, Hundredths and Thousandths
- Problems involving thousandths
- What percentages are
- Estimating percentages
- Finding percentages mentally
- Relating percentages to decimals and fractions
- Percentage problems
- Finding percentage using a calculator
- Multiplying and dividing by 10, 100, 1000
- Converting fractions to decimals and percentages
- Multiplying decimals mentally
- Dividing decimals by whole numbers
- Rounding recurring decimals
Admin Bit – I bought this workbook for my daughter.
I do include Affiliate links. If you follow an affiliate link and go on to purchase that product, I will be paid a very small commission, however your cost will remain the same. I only include affiliate links for products that we use and love.