My kids have a new obsession, well it is 2nd to their on going Dinosaur obsession. It is all things minibeasts (insects and spiders included).
I have been trying to encourage this new interest so I thought it was about time I put together a Minibeast Tray for them.
- 2 Minibeast hunt (Twinkl gold) laminated sheets on a clipboard for each kid
- white board marker pens to use on the laminated sheets
- 1 Minibeast photo word mat (Twinkl gold) and Afrikaans Minibeast mat
- 2 magnifying glasses
- 2 Two Way Bug / Minibeast / Insect Viewer – Magnified Minibeast BUG BOX / MINIBEASTS VIEWER – Early Years Science Fieldwork Viewer (we bought ours at a local garden center but you can get them on amazon)
- 2 small plastic containers
The tray has been left by the back door which leads onto our garden for around one week now and both kids are regularly using it to go and look for creatures. And yes in case you are wondering a few of the creatures have been brought into the house to show me.
The insect viewers has proven to be very popular. The kids have used them to look at small creatures as well as flowers and bits of grass and leaves.
Our minibeast tray has been a big hit over the last week and I am sure it is still going to be very popular over the coming weeks.